CHECK THE PROPER MEANING OF THE WORDS IN HEBREW AND SEE CLEARLY THAT READING THESE VERSES ONLY IN ENGLISH IS DANGEROUS–LOOK AT THE END OF THIS POST, BELOW THE LINE, (i)TO SEE THE TWO VERSES PROPERLY INCLUDING THE CORRECT WORDS [and connect the last verse–31–with verse 30]; AND (ii) WHAT THE WASTEFUL AND HORRIBLE THING THAT GOD IS SPEAKING ABOUT–WITH VERSE 28 DESCRIBING OUR [PASTORS, TEACHERS, ETC.] IGNORING THE EVIL DESTRUCTION BY THE U.S. EVIL EMPIRE OF OTHERS AROUND THE WORLD THROUGH THE FIAT DOLLAR AND FIAT FRACTIONAL RESERVE CREDIT (MAKING SLAVES OF OTHER NATIONS AND PEOPLES) AND THE PETRO DOLLAR.:
30 A wonderful [shammah] and horrible thing is committed in the land;
31 The prophets [nabiy’] prophesy [naba’] falsely, and the priests bear rule [radah] by their means [yad]; and My people [`am] love to have it so [ken]: and what will ye do [`asah] in the end [‘achariyth] thereof?
Shammah [wonderful] means:
1) waste, horror, appalment 1a) a waste (of land, city, etc) 1b) appalment, horror
Nabiy' [prophets] means:
1) spokesman, speaker, prophet 1a) prophet 1b) false prophet 1c) heathen prophet
Naba' [prophesy] means:
1) to prophesy 1a) (Niphal) 1a1) to prophesy 1a1a) under influence of divine spirit 1a1b) of false prophets 1b) (Hithpael) 1b1) to prophesy 1b1a) under influence of divine spirit 1b1b) of false prophets
Radah [bear rule] means:
1) to rule, have dominion, dominate, tread down 1a) (Qal) to have dominion, rule, subjugate 1b) (Hiphil) to cause to dominate 2) to scrape out 2a) (Qal) to scrape, scrape out
Yad [means] means:
1) hand 1a) hand (of man) 1b) strength, power (fig.) 1c) side (of land), part, portion (metaph.) (fig.) 1d) (various special, technical senses) 1d1) sign, monument 1d2) part, fractional part, share 1d3) time, repetition 1d4) axle-trees, axle 1d5) stays, support (for laver) 1d6) tenons (in tabernacle) 1d7) a phallus, a hand (meaning unsure) 1d8) wrists
`am [My people]means:
1) nation, people 1a) people, nation 1b) persons, members of one's people, compatriots, country-men 2) kinsman, kindred
Ken [love to have it so] means: adv 1) so, therefore, thus 1a) thus, so 1b) just so 1c) therefore 1d) so...as (paired with adv) 1e) then 1f) forasmuch as (in phrase) 1g) (with prep) 1g1) therefore, this being so (specific) 1g2) hitherto 1g3) therefore, on this ground (general) 1g4) afterwards 1g5) in such case adj 2) right, just, honest, true, veritable 2a) right, just, honest 2b) correct 2c) true, veritable 2d) true!, right!, correct! (in assent)
1) to do, fashion, accomplish, make 1a) (Qal) 1a1) to do, work, make, produce 1a1a) to do 1a1b) to work 1a1c) to deal (with) 1a1d) to act, act with effect, effect
1) after part, end 1a) end, issue, event 1b) latter time (prophetic for future time) 1c) posterity 1d) last, hindermost
Jeremiah 5:30-31–USING HEBREW WORDS.
30 A wasteful and horrible thing is committed in the land;
31 The spokesman, speaker and prophet prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by the means of their hand; and My people (nation, people) love to have it so; therefore: and what will ye do in the end (end, issue, posterity) thereof?
THE WASTEFUL AND HORRIBLE THING:
11 For the house of Israel and the house of Judah have dealt very treacherously against Me, saith the Lord.
12 They have belied the Lord, and said, It is not he; neither shall evil come upon us; neither shall we see sword nor famine:
13 And the prophets shall become wind, and the word is not in them: thus shall it be done unto them.
THE CONSEQUENCES–especially from verse 13 (immediately above–not speaking against evil):
Jeremiah 5:14-19; 28-29
14 Wherefore thus saith the Lord God of hosts, Because ye speak this word, behold, I will make my words in thy mouth fire, and this people wood, and it shall devour them.
15 Lo, I will bring a nation upon you from far, O house of Israel, saith the Lord: it is a mighty nation, it is an ancient nation, a nation whose language thou knowest not, neither understandest what they say.
16 Their quiver is as an open sepulcher, they are all mighty men.
17 And they shall eat up thine harvest, and thy bread, which thy sons and thy daughters should eat: they shall eat up thy flocks and thine herds: they shall eat up thy vines and thy fig trees: they shall impoverish thy fenced cities, wherein thou trustedest, with the sword.
18 Nevertheless in those days, saith the Lord, I will not make a full end with you.
19 And it shall come to pass, when ye shall say, Wherefore doeth the Lord our God all these things unto us? then shalt thou answer them, Like as ye have forsaken me, and served strange gods in your land, so shall ye serve strangers in a land that is not yours.
28 They are waxen fat, they shine: yea, they overpass the deeds of the wicked: they judge not the cause, the cause of the fatherless, yet they prosper; and the right of the needy do they not judge. [See Isaiah 1:21-23; 24-25–THE CAUSE OF THE FATHERLESS IS “YOUR SILVER HAS BECOME DROSS, YOUR WINE MIXED WITH WATER—TODAY IT IS THE FEDERAL RESERVE AND THE BANKING SYSTEM ISSUING FIAT CURRENCY AND FIAT FRACTIONAL RESERVE CREDIT OUT OF THIN AIR (COUNTERFEITING) AND NO ONE TALKS ABOUT THIS.]. Verse 23 (in part): they judge not the fatherless [yathown], neither doth the cause of the widow [almanah] come unto them.
29 Shall I not visit for these things? saith the Lord: shall not my soul be avenged on such a nation as this?
See: Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; rescue the weak and deliver them from the hand of the wicked